My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

Well, I'm about a hundred and fifty five years old and I'm DEAD! ...oh yeah, and I'm a chemist.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Flowers For Alger- ...er, I mean, Mone

No, no, don't worry. Mone's not dead, she just requested some pictures of roses on graves.

Well, I searched and searched, but I couldn't find many pictures of graves with roses in particular on them, so here are a few graves with all sorts of flowers. Now I would put up a picture of my own grave but so far no one has put any flowers on it so.... can't include that one!

So as I was searching, I happened to run across a few graves of famous persons, and this one in particular is Brother Angelo's grave.





Here is Elvis' grave.





Marilyn Monroe.





Mel Torme's grave so covered in flowers you wouldn't guess he's under there.





Jimmy Dean.





This one is a Vietnamese grave with Buddhist style offerings.





I thought this pic was rather peaceful looking. If only I had picked a plot like this I'd be enjoying the view right now.





These graves with flowers have a style I've seen in Hawaii among other places.





A grave covered in marigolds ...at least I think those are marigolds (hell, I never said I was a botanist!).





Flowers and candles (sorry, can't see the flowers too well in this one).





And finally, some roses. No really, these were on a grave, I swear!





Hope you enjoyed the view, Mone :)

13 Comments:

Blogger Raghav said...

i see dead people !

May 20, 2006 1:14 AM  
Blogger MAHARAJADHIRAJ said...

Are u house hunting Le Chet? Coz if u are then I'd suggest an old-fashioned sepulchre... gives u more space to walk around etc and of cors there's more privacy... so much better than these flat graves, which can be quite stuffy!

May 20, 2006 1:29 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Brilliant post...just when I thought you could not possibly reach a new level in necrophilia...

I used to be the marketing director for Atlanta of the biggest cemetery and funeral home chain in the world.

Anyway, at the cemetery where I was stationed, you would not BELIEVE how many complaints we got about people stealing flowers off graves.

Stealing a flower off of a grave, and then either giving it to someone or putting it in your house has to be the worst feng shui error you could possibly execute...

May 20, 2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

awww that was really nice, le chit

and i totally was going to put flowers on your grave, but i got desperate and had to smoke them. So sorry.

May 20, 2006 8:40 AM  
Blogger Le Chitelier said...

Raghav:
Where?

Maharajadhiraj:
Hmmm... perhaps I should consider moving into a brial vault...

Zen Wizard:
You know, I just always though no one cared to put flowers on my grave, but perhaps people have been stealing my grave flowers after all! The nerve!

Jane:
Well, it's the thought that counts. I'm touched.

May 20, 2006 8:20 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

those were good pictures...and people who obviously were loved quite a bit.....by the outpouring of flowers.

May 21, 2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger Mone said...

DEAR LE,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

THIS WAS VERY KIND OF YOU AND I JUST LOVE IT!!!!

LET ME CAREFULLY HUG YOU!!

May 22, 2006 12:11 AM  
Blogger DaBich said...

Uhhh..beautiful ;)

May 22, 2006 1:29 AM  
Blogger Karen Little said...

Are those kiss marks on Marilyn's grave?

Very cool post - I like the seaside plot too... Guess I'll have to spend all the money I was planning on leaving to my family to own it though.

May 22, 2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger Le Chitelier said...

Linny:
Yes, Torme is definitely buried in flowers.

Mone:
You're so very welcome! I'm very glad you liked it. And thank you for the careful hug :)

Dabich:
heh heh heh, thanks ;)

Karen:
Yes, I noticed the kiss marks on Marilyn's grave marker too.

And don't worry about it, your poverty stricken family will be happy knowing that you are living it up in the afterlife ;)

May 22, 2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger shiftclick said...

You are SO creative. I suppose viewing things from the bottom up has given you this wonderful creative ability. Er... yes, that's what I meant to write, isn't it...?

May 23, 2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger Polyman2 said...

Mel Torme died?
How bad.
He had such a
nice warble too.

I guess pushing up
a few daises
aint so bad afterall.
Very artsy.

Hey Mone, guten tag?

May 23, 2006 6:45 PM  
Blogger Le Chitelier said...

ShiftClick:
heh heh heh, thank you :)

Polydude:
I wouldn't mind pushing up daisies either but they just won't grow on my grave in particular... I see them growing all around me but they stop at the edges of my plot...Hmph!

May 24, 2006 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free HTML Hit Counters
IBM Thinkpad Laptop Computers